Hi readers! Here is the next outfit from our mini photoshoot. If you’re anything like me, and you love vintage and feminine style, then I think you’ll like this outfit. I LOVE wearing dresses, as it makes me feel so feminine, and my brothers love it when I wear them too 🙂 However, it’s so difficult to find a warm dress in winter! Tunics work to a certain degree, but what I’m talking about, is a dress that you can wear with tights, where the hem isn’t closer to your waistline than to your knees, something that I can feel comfortable wearing without dying of cold. It was a long and hard search (when I actually did search for one) but my Mum and I finally did find one which looked lovely on! Here it is, here is my Little Black Dress.
The reason for wanting one of these? Here is a list:
- They are so versatile, you can style them with shoes in autumn, boots and tights in winter, and sandals in the spring.
- You can do so much with it! Put a blouse underneath, or a long-sleeve with a coat, chuck a scarf around your neck, or a statement piece of jewellery, wear a cardigan when it’s warm, or a coat when it’s not. The range of ideas is endless!
- If you suit black, then an LBD is the way to go, because black practically goes with any colour.
- Buy a warm dress, and you won’t have to suffer for fashion.
Ok, so those are a few reasons to buy one, my decision was based on those actually and also inspired by this blogger, who wore an LBD and styled it differently for 100 days to raise money for orphans in India I believe. By the end of last year, she reached her goal of raising $50,000. I really enjoyed watching how she styled the dress differently and perhaps that is when I realised how useful an LBD would be. (The link I have provided is a video that compiled all the 100 outfits together).
In this outfit, I wanted to bring across a rather vintage feel. I did this by employing the use of a long cream coat. I aboslutely love coats, especially the ones that reach to your knees! The image that I wanted to give was of a girl living way back, waiting for the train to arrive, holding her suitcase, all dressed up warmly to protect against the
warm cold winters day. (Ha, here’s me wishin’ it was warm :-P)
Enjoy the photos and the use of another vintage prop. Rhesa and I also used a beautiful rose in these photos.
It was raining! This helped… sorta.
Also, I have to give credit to Rhesa for helping me style this outfit, and yet again being our amazing photographer!
Enjoy what’s left of your weekend and for all you Kiwis out there, enjoy the hols!
P.S. If any of you are on Lookbook, go and check me out by clicking on the button on the side of my blog. I would love to have a look at your outfits too!
What I wore:
- LBD – Ezibuy, $50 SALE
- Cream long – sleeve – Principals, gifted
- Cream coat – Trademe, gifted
- Black shoes – Hannahs, $20 SALE
Photographer – Rhesa
Stylist – Esther & Rhesa
Model – Esther